Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Cycling thrills

For the last few days I am struggling to teach my lil daughter cycling. Bent double, sweating, panting and running, trying to keep the vehicle going with just the right amount of support, that she gets going on her own. It doesnt help that I am woefully out of shape. But I am PAPA, the MAN, and she trusts me. Dont let go, papa.
I take sips of water, and sit down. She sits with me and asks - am I doing OK? Yeah, you are getting better. Better Better? or Just better?. Better Better. She is happy. Next round...
5 days. She is getting the hang of it. I dont have to bend now. Just light pressure on the handle.
Then she says - let go papa, just run along. I run along - she is OK. Bit unsteady and wobbly, but fine.
Another 1 day, and she gets irritated when i run beside her. She cycles off, far off, then wheels around - victorious. Its time to let go.
I have done many things at my workplace which gave me satisfaction. But this is something else...way beyond. I am not going to forget this day.

1 comment:

N A R I YA L C H U T N E Y said...

Your daughter also wont forget the day :) . Hope she has learnt by now :)